SPORTS PREMIUM GRANT
The government continues to provide additional funding to improve the provision of Physical Education and Sport in Primary schools. This funding provided jointly by the Departments of Education, Health and Culture and Media and Sport will be allocated to Primary School Headteachers. This funding is ring fenced and therefore can only be spent on the provision of P.E. and sport in schools.
Proposed plans for P.E. at Kirkbride Primary School, 2018-2019
- Employ a Football Coach from ‘The Professionals Elite Academy’ to deliver high quality P.E. lessons to EYFS, KS1 and KS2. The coaches offer CPD which is critical in ensuring that the programme can be sustained by ourselves beyond the years of funding.
- Participate in the Allerdale Schools Partnership which involves a variety of specialists to carry out timetabled P.E. sessions with the children. This includes Multi skills, tennis, cricket.
- School will provide additional sports training for our children in Orienteering and additional swimming sessions delivered by sports specialists. This is to enable us to participate in wider competitions.
- We will be able to participate in more festivals and competitions as the cost of transport to these events will be covered by the additional funding.
- Employ a range of coaches to provide extra coaching across the school.
- Resources for KS1/EYFS
- Research an outdoor pursuits day for KS2